Saturday, October 29, 2011

Sustenance Fishing for Sea Kayakers: Crabbing from a Sea Kayak Nov. 13th. 8AM-3PM at the Oregon Coast $95/Person

Just a quick note before I post my full report on what I've been up to the last few weeks. (I won 3rd place Kayak Fishing Guide & Kayak Angler of the Year at kayakfishingradio.com, Jackson Kayak Dealer Summit/Ocoee River TN, Lumpy Waters Symposium/OR Coast, and Coumbia River Gorge)

I'm offering another opportunity to learn how to catch crab from your sea kayak at the Oregon Coast on November 13th, from 8AM-3PM. You'll need an OR shellfish license and OR invasive species permit. I'll supply the crabbing gear, bait, and boats & paddling gear if needed. Cost is $95/person for this on-water class.


The last crabbing class I did at Lumpy Waters Symposium came back with over 10 keepers/student! Call 503-285-0464 for info or to sign up.

-Jason

2 comments:

TDNORTHW said...

Do you know of any good kayaking rivers to go steelhead fishing on the Oregon Coast? I am a beginner in kayaking so I want to start with a smaller, slower flowing river. Thank you in advance!

http://www.northwestfishing.org/

Unknown said...

The tidal stretches of many coast rivers have pretty mild currents. Mostly depends on the recent rainfall or lack of. North fork Nehalem would probably be your best bet. Mainstem can be decent this time of year for C&R steelhead. N Fork has a hatchery & get's a lot of pressure. Scan the net for river reports, flows, weather, satellite imagery, tidal info, etc. I imagine everything is blown out at the moment and moving fast. Watch out for woody debris and strainers!