Monday, September 29, 2014

Kayak Fishing: Ocean Paddler Magazine Cover, Reality TV Show, Handline Fishing Classes at Lumpy Waters Symposium

I've got tons of stuff to update you with. It's short and sweet as I'm short on time, so here we go!

First, I am honored to be featured on the cover of Ocean Paddler Magazine this month! This is my first appearance on a cover and on the best sea kayak mag no doubt. Chris Bensch shot the photo for the second part of my series on handline fishing from a sea kayak. I'm wrapping up the third and final installment this week. It is set to publish in November.
Tomorrow Daniel Fox comes to town and he's shooting the last few photos for the OP article, then we are doing a radio interview on KHUM's Coastal Currents to promote his W.I.L.D Youth Wilderness Camp Fundraiser. Daniel is an amazing photographer. Check out his photos from his WILD Image Project . I am excited to shoot with him, and I'm stoked for the opportunity to help promote a project as near to my heart as the WILD Youth Wilderness Camp.

Later this week I'm teaming up with fellow Pacific Outfitters Adventures Guide Eric Stockwell to be featured on a reality TV show pilot set for a cable network. I'm not at liberty to name networks, shows, etc. until after it's set to air. We're taking two chef's out kayak fishing for salmon at Shelter Cove, CA. The show is all about food foraging and farmed vs. wild food. I will most definitely post updates here as I'm allowed.

A couple of days later I pack my sea kayak, fishing, & crabbing gear up and head North to Cape Kiwanda, Oregon for the Lumpy Waters Symposium. I'm leading two handline fishing for sea kayakers classes where we'll focus on catching lingcod, rockfish, cabezon. Both classes are currently full.

I have been doing more sea kayaking than fishing as of late but still manage to squeeze in a few hours here and there. We had some decent conditions push in following the hurricane in SW Mexico. The Trinidad area was a bit lumpy for fishing, but we had fun paddling around and playing in the rocks. 


I plan on taking tons photos and giving you a full report on all activities towards the end of October. I'm thrilled to have so much happening in my little world of sea kayak fishing, but I look forward to November and catching my breath!

Until then-

Jason


No comments: